So we are half way through week three and Teacher Training is finally settling into some kind of routine. Posture clinics have started and anatomy lectures will be happening every day for the next two weeks. It has become a crazy juggle of dialogue, anatomy study, classes and of course, eating and actually living!
As of tomorrow we will have done thirty classes in the last nineteen days. Fortunately we have had some fantastic classes with our staff and visiting teachers and as such they have been largely great and finally we have space to actually work on postures rather than pure survival.
Posture clinics have also been good, the staff are great at giving feedback however its amazing how nervous we all still get, even in these far more casual situations. The posture clinics have two groups in one room so we are saying our dialogue in front of around forty people, rather than two hundred and seventy four and Bikram himself like how half moon was. Even with this, it's still nerve-wracking going up and baring your dialogue for others. I've been fortunate to receive good feedback so far, but others have struggled.
Living normally is also becoming more difficult, finding time to eat is tricky, especially when you often have days where your appetite seems to disappear. Drinking enough water is rather easy as we are often in class or just sitting in clinics and lectures. It can be hard balancing your bodies cravings and your dietary needs but so far I have been eating whatever it is I'm craving in the healthiest way I can manage. Obviously being near a Wholefoods does help. Main cravings so far have been salty food and cereal!
People here are amazing and the support all around is awesome.
More LA loves:
Leave in conditioner - I can't really recommend any brand in particular but putting this in my hair between classes has really helped my dry ends.
Sun cream - Pretty much the only thing I've put on my face these last three weeks, so good for the skin and almost looks as though I'm wearing primer.
Mika Yoga wear tops - I bought two of this brand's tops with me and put them on the minute they're dry. I've been wearing the Linda tops and their super comfortable, feminine and flattering.
No comments:
Post a Comment