As you may have guessed, things have been extremely busy here, and as such, it has been rather a while since my last post, sorry about that. Weeks five and six are known to be hectic but that is an understatement. With Bikram's return and recertification, fitting in anything has been hard.
I am however, still alive, which is good.
We've had some tough classes lately but fortunately I am still feeling strong and okay, unfortunately my muscles are tight and sore. I now see how teachers have the empathy they have, many parts of my body are useless right now and I hope this will allow me to help others in their practice now I have experienced something I have not experienced in years. There's generally a large feeling of irony these days, the fact that we have done sixty-whatever classes are yet some of my postures are the worst they have been in a long time. I hope that once my muscle fatigue does go away, I will have the strength, flexibility, dedication and focus I see everyday from the teachers at my amazing home studio.
It has also been a time full of emotions, feeling we've come so far yet still have so far still to go. Any slight release in class often leads to tears all around and who knows where most of it comes from. I like to hope that once next week is over and our we finish our dialogue clinics (currently on #21), some of the general stress will dissipate.
Lucky for me my lovely Mother is dues to be here in less than two weeks which I'm sure will immensely help in getting me through this last chunk of Teacher Training Spring 2014.
More LA loves:
Customer service - Special mention to Trader Joe's here, Americans appear to be far more trained and polite in their customer service than Australia, it is amazing the friendliness from staff I've witnessed. I'm assuming part of this is due to their tipping system, but either way I'm happy.
Chocolate - duh.
Chia - We have to work super hard to get enough into our bodies in the short break we are given, I find this is one of the few things that keeps me full for lecture and the second class.
No comments:
Post a Comment