It is Thursday, day four of Teacher Training here in LA. Having just finished my sixth class so far, with the lovely Rajashree - Bikram's other half, I couldn't help but notice the large amount of plastic surgery in the room. I'm not against plastic surgery, I think if something bothers you so much and is ruining your self-confidence, then it is totally up to you if you want to change it. However, I can't help but cringe and some of the scary and unrealistic implants on display, especially in the almost-naked world of the hot room. Again, implants don't both me, but I think people should be guided as to what size they should be to look realistic, it seems many women should go from say and A to say a B or C. Unfortunately so many of the women I see have gone from an A to a DD, it just doesn't fit on their body.
Moving on, Half moon dialogue has started here now. The entire Bikram class does have dialogue that must be learnt at Teacher Training. So if you think it's funny that all your teachers say the same few bizarre sayings, it's likely that is the dialogue.
Overall I have been nicely surprised by our group, the first few people to go up worried me a little but we have definitely improved after hearing various feedback.
Half moon is always nerve-wracking, as it is the only posture you say in front of Bikram himself (yes, he is a real person) and he is not afraid to give feedback. I think he is one of the most honest people I have ever met and this is why the whole first one to two weeks of Teacher Training is dedicated to saying half moon to him.
As for me, I am yet to say my half moon, but I am sure I will have by the next time I update this. At the moment I have been concentrating on getting through two classes - most of Bikram's being at least two hours - and eating and feeling good.
More LA loves:
Goat's cheese - I have always loved my cheeses but this has just been something I've been going back to between classes.
Hydro flask - I made the choice to invest in one of these while I was here, they are expensive but I am definitely loving mine. It's huge and keeps my water nice and cold in those hot classes.
Rajashree's classes - It's so nice having her in the mornings, she's so experienced, calm and nurturing, it's just what I need in the morning, and such a contrast to Bikram's class.
Good to hear you've settled in & found some forks. Did you find a clothes drying rack in Bed Bath & Beyond? Very useful. Congratulations on purchasing a Hydroflask, that will be the best thing you've ever bought. Interesting observation re plastic surgery. Good luck with your Half Moon delivery & never hang anything on the sprinkler thing in the room - they will explode ;-)
ReplyDelete